Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In the market for a productive/gaming laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Miroku16

Miroku16

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:22 PM

Okay, so I have been forced to find a new laptop due to my old one breaking internally. since I havent been in the market for a new laptop since 2010, I do not know what is out here now that I need that will be right for me. Here is a list that I have so far of the things that I want:

A screen of at least 15in
A great keyboard that is great to type on
An i5 or i7 processor
A computer that has gaming capabilities (I'm not a pro gamer, so I don't need state of the art performance components)
A dvd drive is preferred but not mandatory(it can be separate)
A system that could possibly capture and stream video game footage while playing
Preferred to be under $1000 (my max is 1500 if necessary)

To provide a better picture, here is what I see myself using my computer for:

Web surfing
Typing future papers and using Microsoft Office
Video editing
Watching videos
Playing games efficiently ( primarily Dota 2)

Please let me know what options I have that fits this criteria. Thank you.

Former Laptop: HP Pavilion dv7-4087cl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aerys

Aerys

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:00 PM

I always ask this question first when people come to me, since you plan to do some gaming/video recording and editing, would you be more suited buying a desktop computer? Obviously if portability is a huge requirement there are some beefy laptops, but even the best don't compete with equally priced desktop computers, at least in regards to power/efficiency. I really think a custom built desktop would suit your needs quite well.

He said the same thing he had been saying for hours... "burn them all".

-Jaime Lannister

Feel free to add me on Skype for help or to chat; lolballinn

#3 Miroku16

Miroku16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:20 PM

That's what I was thinking about. My only concern is if I went into a school setting, would I need the portability and covenience of a laptop? Granted, I have an IPad that can help compliment most computers. So should I invest more in a desktop and utilize my iPad as my main portable computing device?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users