Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic Problem on HP DV7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hofnettech1

hofnettech1

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

Hello All,

I am having a BSOD(blue screen of death) come up after about 10 mins. I believe it is the AMD graphic card because the driver is so outdated. I tried updating driver in device manager and says it is up to date. I can not find any drivers for it online just driver download programs that cause more harm than good. The mobo is A6 with AMD Radeon Graphic card. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated. The driver is AMD Radeon 6520G

Thanks! 

Edited by hofnettech1, 19 November 2014 - 04:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:30 PM

The original driver is first acquired by the HP support site specifically for OEM laptops. Did you happen to have checked already?

Tekken

#3 hofnettech1

hofnettech1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for reply!

No but i resolved problem with upgrading AMD driver. I was finally able to find one!

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:11 PM

Thanks for posting back the solution. :thumbup2:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users