Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hp Recovery - D disc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jingles01

Jingles01

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

New hp laptop late Spring so am total novice.  Hp sent info regarding recovery program; took a quick look and swear I didn't sign up but now keep getting pop up messages that am running out of space on HP-D Discovery disc.   Cannot find program to find out what is going on and to delete etc.  Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

did you look at your c drive?  start menu-computer and you will see how much space you have,also down load wiztree it will tell you what files are taking up most space

#3 Jingles01

Jingles01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:29 PM

Yes to C drive...have exact amounts of space used.   Really want to get rid of this program entirely but am unable to find the "root" so to speak.  If anyone is familar of what I can look for to remove it, would appreciate info.   Have been able to discover schedule of downloads times and turned them off but still getting reminder that very little space is left.   Wish I could find origin....seems to be tied in to boot info which I do not want to touch.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,958 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

Check System Restore and make sure D: is not set to on.

32.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users