Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network Connection not comnected

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sphenapse

sphenapse

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

Came home from work and I was unable to connect to the Internet with my desktop. All other devices work fine. I normally connect to Wi-Fi since I don't have a 50 foot Ethernet cable. I haven't made any software or hardware changes recently, yet Windows is telling me that the Wireless Network Connection is not connected. I cannot detect any wireless networks on it. There is a red X and full green bars next to the icon. I'm using a 802.11n Wireless LAN Card. I have tried restarting both my computer and my router and modem to no avail. The card is about 4 years old - did it die on me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

Very possible it died but here are a few things to check

1. In lan connections right mouse click on the wifi card and make sure its enabled.

2. download the most recent drivers and load them

3. review the card under network devices in device manager to see what its status is.

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

Try forgetting all the networks and see if you can find them. If that doesn't work go into Device manager, find your wireless card, right click, click Uninstall, click OK, and then reboot. See if you can find the networks.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 sphenapse

sphenapse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:40 PM

Uninstall and restart did the trick. Thank you!

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

00707de49cdb647d0d2be877a1c5e7fa.jpg

Just sayin

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,312 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

00707de49cdb647d0d2be877a1c5e7fa.jpg

Just sayin

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

#7 mork58

mork58

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:30 PM

Try this worked for me! Go to this website and follow the directions, very straight forward..  https://wiki.csuchico.edu/confluence/display/help/Release+and+Renew+an+IP+address+in+Windows+7

Edited by mork58, 19 November 2014 - 08:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users