It is an hp laptop that we got new 2 years ago. It has been working fine but it shut off and now it won't turn back on. The light indicating that is charging is on and I've tried turning it on with and with out the battery and with two different chargers. I have tried the steps below multiple times and it didn't do any thing.
1. Unplug AC adapter from laptop.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the power on button for 1 full minute.
Yes, many machines only require 10 or 15 seconds but this reset instruction is generic and I have found people hold the button for 9 or 14 seconds so let's write the full minute.
4. Let go of the power on button.
5. Slip in the battery pack.
6. Plug in the power to the laptop and to the wall.
7. Do not plug in any other devices.