Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

explorer.exe is hogging system memory

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DMcClure

DMcClure

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:37 AM

Hello. Lately, I have noticed an extra explorer.exe process running in task manager that uses more and more memory the longer it is allowed to run until the system all but freezes and needs to be rebooted. I can end the process before this occurs, but it always restarts itself. Is this a windows bug or malware? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DMcClure

DMcClure
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:17 PM

Nevermind. I ran MBAM and it looks like the extra explorer process didn't come back. Please mark this as solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users