Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this a good build

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MADDxDOGG

MADDxDOGG

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:42 AM

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MADDxDOGG/saved/QkFmP6

Edited by Queen-Evie, 19 November 2014 - 09:15 AM.
Moved from Computer Gaming to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aerys

Aerys

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:10 AM

I'm assuming you want to use it for computer gaming? That is a really bottom tier build and I don't think you will be able to play any new games, and the ones you can play will need to be on low-medium settings at best. I think this would be a decent web browsing/netflix machine, but hardly for gaming. I recommend waiting until you can expand your budget, at least $600.

He said the same thing he had been saying for hours... "burn them all".

-Jaime Lannister

Feel free to add me on Skype for help or to chat; lolballinn

#3 marktime

marktime

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

That would be ideal for a home cinema system but not for gaming I'm afraid as Aerys stated. What is your absolute max budget?

#4 MADDxDOGG

MADDxDOGG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:38 PM

My max budget is around 400 at most

#5 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:32 AM

If you had $400 something like this would be capable of playing games quite well I think - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XVBKkL  Needs an OS though.

7sbvuf-6.png

#6 marktime

marktime

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:29 AM

Excellent job jonuk76,

If you want some extra speed and are not too worried about space for now then I would ditch the 1TB drive and spend the left over money on this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147247&cm_re=120gb_ssd-_-20-147-247-_-Product

And then buy a larger storage drive at a later date. Just remember that if an SSD pops then it is gone for good so be sure that if you do have a 2 drive system to make you Documents, Pictures and Music folders on the standard HDD and redirect the folders in the navigation pane.

I lost my entire music collection to an SSD once :'(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users