Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think My Kids Broke My Lap Top...help Pls

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ummmmm

ummmmm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:58 PM

OMG....can anyone help me? I left the lap top closed on the table came back and my 2 1/2 yr old had it open and the disc on the floor. The power light is on but the screen is blank. I pushed the power button but nothing and i mean nothing is happening. Pls help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Mr Smooth

Mr Smooth

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:12 PM

Do you mean the Hard disk? or CD ROM?

Is the Battery in correctly?

Press the power button for over 5 seconds to see what it does.

I know this is a long shot, but close it again and watch what he does with it, he will probably do the same and you will know what he did the first time!

#3 ummmmm

ummmmm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:18 PM

Oh TY TY TY!!! Mr Smooth! You are a life saver. I pushed the power button for 5 seconds. And she will not be touching it again lol (at least I wont leave it out)
Thank you again :thumbsup: :flowers:

#4 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:43 PM

One other thing you might want to do is run a check disc just to make sure everythings ok. Goto my computer,right click on your hard-drive and select properties. Click on the 'Tools' tab and select error checking. Follow the steps and it will run a check disc the next time you run your laptop. It may take a while depending on your hard drive capacity. Glad its working ok now!
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#5 Mr Smooth

Mr Smooth

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:50 PM

Just glad to be of assistance..... first day of posting help on this forum today.... :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users