Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PCI Simple Communications Controller Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 python72

python72

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:28 PM

I have recently restored my computer to "Out of the box condition".

Everything is working fine except that when I open the Hardware Manager I see that the PCI Simple Communications Controller has yellow triangle beside it and when I try to search for drivers for new device everything freezes.

I have HP Media Center PC m7360n and when I run CPU-Z utility it shows my motherboard is Asus Emery. I can not find proper chipset drivers on HP or Asus website.

I also tried Intel website but all the drivers I see are related to their branded motherboards, can't find any driver for the i945P chipset itself.

Can anyone point me to these drivers on the internet or post them for download?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 19,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:31 PM

It's probably your modem. Right click PCI Simple Communications Controller in Device Manager. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Copy and Paste the first line in your next post.

611.png?w=604

#3 python72

python72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:18 AM

PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_2F20&SUBSYS_200014F1&REV_00\4&1AF1648C&0&18F0

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 19,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:31 AM

See if this driver works. It's for your computer but the chipset using the code is Conexant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users