Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No VGA signal to TV. Replaced MB and GC. No luck. Frustrating. What next?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 onegroovydude

onegroovydude

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

Hi. A couple weeks ago I turned my computer on and I got no vga signal. I searched the forums and dwindled it down to either a graphics card issue or motherboard issue going by the most popular responses to the question. So I replaced the graphics card first and it didn't help. So I just replaced the motherboard and it still didn't help. I've tested the tower on another monitor. No luck. Can anyone tell me what to look for next? No beeps on either mb when I start even though I know the latter is good. This is really driving me crazy. I'm running an Intel D945GTP MB and a Pentium D processor. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:47 PM

- try a currently known to be working monitor cable

- try dvi, hdmi? from the video card instead of vga

- take out the video card and try the onboard video

How heavy duty is the graphics card? Perhaps the PSU is going and isn't supplying enough power to the graphics card.

Is the new graphics card properly seated... If it requires a power cable going to it, is it plugged in?

Try taking out all the ram, and then putting only 1 ram chip in (and then take that out and try the next one etc).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users