Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Isn't Working! HELP!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cool841

Cool841

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:11 AM

Hi guys,

Can you please help me with this problem, I can't get on to the internet. Please donwload the recording of my problem here: https://www.mediafire.com/?91cavxprn9ly98i

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:31 PM

hi, i cant view the video what you need to check are the basics first,go to your command prompt,type ping 127.0.0.1 -this is basically pinging your stack at th lowest level,if you get a reply which you should the next you need to ping your ip address if you dont know your ip address in cmd type ipconfig ,yopur ip adress should start with 192. then ping your ip adress if you get a reply from this thats good if you dont or if your getting a 169 address that can be a tcp/ip issue or your not seen the router,if the above work next thing you need to do is ping an external ip example some website  google,com,try these

#3 Cool841

Cool841
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:09 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I got a 169 ip address what do I do?

Thanks, 

Cool841

#4 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:05 AM

hi,ah ok try this in your command prompt type        ipconfig /flushdns -and hit enter, then type ipsonfig /release, hit enter, then ipsonfig /renew ,hit enter,now check your ip address,also check your cable is plugged in or mayb check with a diffrent cable,let me know

#5 Cool841

Cool841
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:47 AM

Hi,

I have tried ipconfig /flushdns 10 times already and did you mean ipconfig or ipsonfig?

#6 Cool841

Cool841
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:13 AM

Hi, 

When i tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew it came up with a error message saying No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected

#7 Cool841

Cool841
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:21 AM

I did system restore and now I have a 192 address but it's still not working. It has a yellow triangle with a exclamation mark underneath the network button. I have tried troubleshooting I have tried everything nearly.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

http://superuser.com/questions/757523/resetting-ip-address-gives-media-disconnected-error-message

I would check the connections between modem and system.  If good, I would have to assume that the NIC isn't working properly and replace it with a new one.  it's not unusual for any hardware item to fail.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users