Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about mouse / Windows 7- Presario CQ56

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Manolis

Manolis

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:04 AM

Hello to everyone!

This may sound like a silly question but I am going to ask it anyway: I work until late at night at my laptop from home and my neighbours in the nearby appartments complain about the "click-click" sound of the mouse, which in the middle of the night could be quite annoying (I understand that). I tried to use the touchpad of my laptop but after 2-3 hours I get pain in my fingers and palm.

Anybody knows any touchpads that are ergonomic or mouses that don't make any sound that I could use during the night? I don't want to have tenontitis or sth worse so... Can I buy any of these products on-line?

Thank you so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:03 AM

I'm not aware of any ergonomic touch pads. You can buy almost anything online but, I suspect that you will need to go to a store and check out the amount of noise the different models make. I've used several mice and most do not make enough noise to wake a sleeping baby.

My current keyboard makes more noise than my mouse.

Stay well and surf safe

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Manolis

Manolis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:21 PM

Thank you for your answer! I will see what I will do.

Best wishes!

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#5 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

lol, wow, how loud is your mouse??  There are a lot of different products out there. You might find a USB touchpad from logitech would be ergonomic enough since you can have your hand comfortably off to the side instead of perched on the laptop touchpad. I think microsoft has a mouse with a touch action to the button instead of a clicking (or maybe its just touch scrolling).

#6 Manolis

Manolis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:32 AM

Hello!

Thank you both for your answers! I don't know if my mouse is loud or my neighbours are crazy... I have asked at the local store and I found a touchpad that can be connected to my laptop through blu ray or sth like this but is way too expensive (56 euros). I also found a mouse. as you said, that has a touch button in the middle but I think it is more for scrolling up and down and not so much for clicking. Well I guess there are worse problems than this... I just wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas.

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users