Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatic Hard Restart when logging in

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shaldreth

Shaldreth

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:29 AM

Hi, I have a bit of an interesting problem, I'm sure. Whenever I try to log into an account (any account) from startup, my computer will think for a second, maybe load the usual desktop background, and then immediately perform a reset, sending me to the "your computer did not shut down properly" screen.

I can log into accounts just fine in Safe Mode, and Malware Bytes and Housecall Virus checker both detect no issues.

I attempted a system restore to a backup from a few days ago, and it SEEMED to work - I got into my main account and all my desktop displayed properly, and a message popped up saying System Restore was successful. But a few seconds later an error message popped up that said something along the lines of "Either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your personal settings or your personal settings are locked..... somethingsomething... Do you really, really want to continue? Yes/No"    I tried to take a screenshot, but as soon as I hit the Start Menu my computer froze and did a hard restart once again.

When I logged in again under Safe Mode, I then got a message saying System Restore had NOT been successful, due to "unspecified error 0xc0000034".

I am running Windows 7, 64-bit, on an HP computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users