Jump to content
Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:50 PM
Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:37 PM
Please download Powelikscleaner (by ESET) and save it to your Desktop.
1. Double-click on ESETPoweliksCleaner.exe to start the tool.
2. Read the terms of the End-user license agreement and click Agree.
3. The tool will run automatically. If the cleaner finds a Poweliks infection, press the Y key on your keyboard to remove it.
4. If Poweliks was detected "Win32/Poweliks was successfully removed from your system" will be displayed. Press any key to exit the tool and reboot your PC.
The tool will produce a log in the same directory the tool was run from.
Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.
Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:37 AM
Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:56 AM
Posting instructions for the use of the following by non-staff members is prohibited in this area, as well as in all other areas of the forums. This list contains tools and procedures that are forbidden, the instructions for using similar tools or procedures should not be posted here, or elsewhere on Bleeping Computer forums, without prior Staff approval.
Note: This list is not limited and we may add to it as necessary. These restrictions are in place to ensure that only safe and effective methods are given to members seeking help with a malware problem.
- ComboFix instructions or discussion.
- HiJackThis, DDS, OTL, ZOEK, RSIT, RogueKiller instructions.
- FRST (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool).
- Manual rootkit removal using non-automated and advanced ARK tools (MBRCheck, MBR.exe and Esage Bootkit Remover).
- Automated registry cleaners.
- Advanced Registry instruction. Simple registry fixes are permitted but they must be accompanied with a warning to back up the registry first.
The BC staff will monitor (review) registry fixes and if we determine they are dangerous or incorrect, the instructions will be removed.
- Custom scripts, batch files.
- Other specialized fix tools the BC Staff deems untrained members should not recommend for use.
Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:14 AM
Sorry, my mistake. I will take note of that.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users