Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

driver pack solution will not uninstall regardless what ever i try

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 C_C_

C_C_

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:01 PM

hello

I am new be I would like to uninstall  Driver Pack Solution 14 Beta. I  downloaded it  to reinstall drivers after upgrading from Xp Home to Professional.  I choose  Driver pack solution.   Microsoft has stopped supporting Windows xp and the drivers are no longer available  at the maker website.  The computer is 12 years and runs well other wise.    After the clean install I couldn't get online to download antivirus software and got one Trojan virus setting the computer up.   The  drivers were installed  by  flash drive.  Trying to uninstall form Add and Remove programs  ( where it no longer appears ) an  active  desktop icon appears and opens when I click on it.  Driver Pack  also appears in control panel. 

When  I run a Kaspersky  virus  removal  scan it doesn't complete due to a conflict with Driver Pack Solution.

I have tried the program Unlocker and  free software such as Revo and  other programs like it.   But Driver pack doesn't populate in any of them to uninstall.  Attempted  a simple tutorial to delete what ever I could from the registry.    I  am just a new be and want to uninstall to remove the virus.   With all said looking for a tutorial or step by step instructions to remove it.  Please any ideas?  C_C_. 

Edited by hamluis, 17 November 2014 - 03:10 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users