Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a True Crypt Expert, can't access volume.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mrtazylemons

mrtazylemons

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

I have 1TB HD, and on the hard drive I created a partition (488Gb) that is TrueCrypt encrypted device with a hidden volume (200Gb). Mistakenly I re installed windows to that partition and TrueCrypt won't mount the device anymore. I used "Volume Tools-Restore header" and got the device to mount (only the non-hidden volume tho) but I cant view the contents because i'm getting the "Do you want to format?" message followed by an error stating it cant read it. While the volume was mounted with the "Volume Tools-Restore header" tool I ran every single data recovery program to see what I can recover, but I only got maybe 10% of the files that were in there. All of this is telling me is that the data is decrypting windows just isn't able to recognize it. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users