Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I CAN'T ACCESS A CERTAIN SITE!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 deenzkie

deenzkie

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:31 AM

I have this big problem in my computer.Everytime I go to this certain site YOUTUBE I can't access it.this is the only site i cant access & there's no problem with the other sites i'm visiting. I have checked my browser,its not even blocked. I also have a good internet connection.I have tried searching for solutions but still it does'nt work. I also uninstalled and reinstalled google chrome but still i can't access the site..can anyone tell me what's the possible reasons why i'm having this problem?is it my browser,my computer or what? It's been months now that i am having this kind of problem..i hope you can help me with this one. Please guys! I need your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:01 AM

If you are using a router, have tried hitting the reset button or unplugging from power source?

Have you tried a different DNS server?

Have you tried connecting directly to your modem...without a router?

Edited by buddy215, 17 November 2014 - 09:05 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:19 AM

You may also want to look at your HOSTS file to see if youtube is being blocked.

#4 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:17 PM

Yes if you can't acces YouTube, check your hosts file in Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and see if it contains the line "127.0.01 www.youtube.com". If so, you can remove it to unblock access to YouTube.

#5 deenzkie

deenzkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:49 PM

thanks for the big help guys  highly appreciated. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users