Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloader - Trojan Horse

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anant

Anant

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:28 AM

Hello friends,

I am working as a tech support engineer. I have got one customer whose computer is infected by "Downloader" a varient of Trojan horse. The Activity log in Norton Antivirus shows the infected file path in c:\windows\system32\oppmn.dll.

No matter what ever I try, I am unable to delete the file called "oppmn.dll". If you guys have any suggestions or solutions please help me.

Regards,

Meena ( Anant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:41 PM

Hello there Meena.
Although this strictly isn't the forum for this sort of thing, I am able to redirect you to infomation that i'm almost certain will resolve the problem for you. Please read the selfhelp instructions which can be found here. Please use those instructions as a guide to removing Vundo from your computer. If you are not happy doing it by yourself and would like 1 to 1 help, or cannot remove the program using the self-help guide please reply and we can consider the options possible.
Welcome to BleepningComputer by the way.
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users