Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Niftyfingers

Niftyfingers

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:40 AM

Hi, there

I found this forum a wee while ago and have been dipping in and out ever since. I consider myself an intermediate user; indeed, at one time I taught Information Technology at college. But that was years ago and as there are new mysteries cropping up every day I find myself falling behind. If I didn't use it, I lose it! So I thought I would join this forum as it seems to be a good way of discovering how go about certain things in a friendly way instead of just reading about it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 marktime

marktime

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:51 AM

Same here :) I want to get on the malware removal course to expand my skills. But they say I need 20 posts minimum to get on it so I have to post meaningless junk like this :P

#3 Niftyfingers

Niftyfingers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:06 PM

Same here :) I want to get on the malware removal course to expand my skills. But they say I need 20 posts minimum to get on it so I have to post meaningless junk like this :P

now this isn't Meaningless. I now know there is a Malware removal course and have been introduced to a fairly newish member.

Edited by Niftyfingers, 19 November 2014 - 12:07 PM.

#4 marktime

marktime

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:08 PM

Don't take my place man! haha. Been waiting so long to get on to it and now I find out that I need 20 posts to prove I'm not a bot or something!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/admissions/

Edited by marktime, 19 November 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:55 PM

While it is true one must have made at least 20 posts before applying to the malware removal training program there is a specific requirement regarding those posts. Please note the bolded portion below which you should have seen since you have been trying for months to get into the program and the link to apply is just below it.

Please Note:
Due to the large numbers of requests for training, we utilize an automated program that will open a training slot to applicants when one becomes available. If the classes are full, please check back often to see if there is an opening. Additionally we request that you have a minimum of 20 posts on the Bleeping Computer forum. This will be used in conjunction with the application process to help us get an understanding of your posting style an ability to interact on a forum style help site. Note that we expect posts that contribute to the topic it is posted in. Non-constructive posts, of which the only scope is to reach the post limit, may lead to your application being denied.

from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532535/malware-removal-training-program/

"Meaningless junk" doesn't count. Neither does "binge posting" in order to amass 20 posts.

Posts in Introductions, General Chat, Speak Easy, and other forums in General Topics-where the majority of your posts today were made-won't help you in your quest to get admitted to the program since posts made in these forums are made with the intention of reaching the magic number of 20.

Posts that actually offer help and sound advice, the style of those posts, follow up in topics you help in are what is looked at. YOU have to PROVE yourself capable of helping with NON-Malware issues before you will be considered for malware training. This has been a requirement for several years so it it not something new added after you joined Bleeping Computer.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 19 November 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:40 PM

Niftyfingers, I apolgize for the hijacking of your Intro topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users