Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Eee Pc netbook recovery language problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mystic12

mystic12

• Members
  • 1,452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:45 AM

Hello, after getting too many viruses on this EeePc 1001PX Netbook I am trying to do a recovery but not seeing an English language option and even now when I try to go back to the original windows 7 I am still getting the recovery screen to select the language, what can I do here please? I have a win7 disk with Home Premium but this netbook came with "Starter" edition.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,959 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:20 PM

When you get to screen in the recovery process that asks you to select a language, is there not a drop down arrow at the right hand end of the box listing the default language ? If you click on this you should get a list of all available languages. You should be able to scroll down this list to choose the language you want.

If you use the recovery option on this computer you will re-install Win 7 Starter. If you wish to use the Win 7 HP disc you possess then the installation will automatically format your hard drive as part of the install process. You need to be aware that both processes will wipe out your existing data, so this needs to be backed up first.

The complicating factor is that you say your computer is badly infected and the last thing you want to do is to reload any of these infections when you reinstate your data. To get around this, I suggest you use either empty memory sticks or an external drive but get it or them scanned on a known clean computer to verify they are empty and clean. Then back up your data, then scan your data on these drive(s), again on a known clean computer, before you re-install your data.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:19 AM

Yes, the

When you get to screen in the recovery process that asks you to select a language, is there not a drop down arrow at the right hand end of the box listing the default language ? If you click on this you should get a list of all available languages. You should be able to scroll down this list to choose the language you want.

Chris Cosgrove

No, I did not see a default language, there were only 3 language options [German, French and Italian]. I reinstalled the OS, only issue I am seeing now concerns the updating, I started windows update yesterday at around 3.3opm and now at 6.23 this morning it is at 121 of 165 but that was the last number I remember seeing at 9pm last night just before I went to bed so looks like it's stuck there, what's the ebst thing I can do at this point please?

Edited by mystic12, 17 November 2014 - 06:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users