Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cold weather affect on PC components

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chicagorob

Chicagorob

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:05 AM

Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic. I'm getting ready to order parts for my first build and am concerned if the cold weather we are having now could potentially damage the components, while in transit. Temperatures will be around 20-30F at time of delivery.

Edited by Chicagorob, 16 November 2014 - 07:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:58 AM

Normally, computer parts are wrapped up, and should be protected from condensation. Therefore, the only thing to worry about, is the handling of these parts during transit. Most of the time, they are broken due to miss-handling by crappy transportation companies (as many youtube videos have suggested). If for some reason, you find items to be damaged, you can always get a replacement.

mYIGVc5.png

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,778 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:14 AM

Cold won't hurt the components. You will be fine. However, what Ezzah said above about delivery is true.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 Chicagorob

Chicagorob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for the input, guys. Good to know there shouldn't be any problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users