Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wildtangent games on android?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 resa83

resa83

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

my laptop had or has wild tangent games and i only charge my phone through the laptop. Therefore I"m wondering if this laptop somehow sent that to my phone. i was having problems with this laptop and did a factory reset but now i want to know about my phone...wild tangent just popped up when i checcked my phone when i woke up and it was automatically on the screen trying to start off so i cleared running programs and then when to application manager and its no where in application manager so i'm confused.

samsung galaxy s3 mini

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:12 PM

Interesting scenario. By any chance do you have any of these games on your device?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=WildTangent&hl=en

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 teh_charles

teh_charles

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:11 AM

Interesting scenario. By any chance do you have any of these games on your device?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=WildTangent&hl=en

I agree.

WildTangent, while technically "bloatware" present in many computers due to extensive deals with OEMs to have them preloaded out of the box, is not, itself, malicious or in any way a "virus" (That is being able to move from one computer or device to another). I have been involved in these preload deals at a technical level and know that they do collect usage information (as many apps do), but are not malicious.

Their reputation is not helped by the fact that many malware removal programs frequently flag their games as malware.

Animal's suggestion to look for installed WildTangent games is spot-on but I thought I would mention that even if you never downloaded any WildTangent games on your phone, one possible explanation is that WildTangent was preloaded. I would recommend looking at "Settings" --> "Apps" --> "All". If it is in there and the uninstall button says "uninstall updates" or is greyed out, that is a good indication that it was preloaded as a "system app".

Cheers,

#4 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:55 PM

It is there. I can only only uninstall the updates. Which I did abd turned out of and force stop. But I never seen it before til now. And I dont have any of those other games listed above on my phone and have never downloaded them in the past. However this is a second hand phone. Upon receiving this phone I did a factory reset....
Sorry I turned it off lol not out
Oh yeah I found it under"downloaded" section

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users