Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with trojan.powerliks!gm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 msjman

msjman

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

I have been infected wit this for a few days. I know this because I run Nortons internet security and I keep seeing the little windows popping up saying that it has stopped an attack form this virus. I have run 2 full system scans and it keeps showing this after wards. The CPU usage has been around 99%. I did Go to the Nortons website nortons.com/Trojan and ran the file for my system there and it appears to have fixed this but I am not sure after reading so much online. Do I need to worry or should I run some other malware program to check my system?

My system details are as follows:

HP Desktop model s5-1224

Processor: Intel CPU G640 @ 2.8GHz

6G Ram

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for such an awesome service!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 msjman

msjman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:08 PM

I just posted this in the "I think Im infected forum" as I think this is where this should be.

Edited by msjman, 15 November 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:25 PM

Thanks, you are correct in your thinking :).

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users