Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

using two printers simultaneously on the LPT1 port

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nightfury001

nightfury001

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:55 PM

Hi! everyone!!  I am new here and I'm a rookie in the computer servicing field. I have a windows xp computer as the NComputing server. I'm using two thermal printers(Epson T81) one on the NComputing server and the other on the Client(NComputing). The printer on the server is connected to the parallel port and the printer on the client is connected to the usb port. I need to use both printers simultaneously. How can I do that? Please help..

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 November 2014 - 11:13 PM.
moved from Introductions to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:28 AM

Seems to me all you have to do is add both printers on the client? One is local, one is network (shared by the server). That doesn't work?

#3 nightfury001

nightfury001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:46 PM

Hi Bludshot! Thanks for the reply. NComputing uses the same computer as the server and the client. I'm using the admin account as the server and a local account as the client.

Edited by nightfury001, 20 November 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#4 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:19 AM

I am probably missing something to do with NComputing, but, all I know is if I had a client computer, with 2 printers wired directly to it, one to USB and one to Parallel port, then I would simply add both printers to client, and print directly to them.

#5 nightfury001

nightfury001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:56 AM

Forgot to tell you one thing that I'm using the LPT port because I'm printing from a dos program

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users