Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen has no color

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tsquared56

tsquared56

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:09 PM

New video card installed (r9 290) - the screen was smaller than the monitor, it wouldn't "fill" it up or stretch properly.  So I went into Catalyst Control Center and went to fiddle with the under/overscaling under "My Flat Panels" tab.  As soon as I opened that tab, the screen filled up to normal and all of a sudden all the color went out of the screen, so I'm stuck in grayscale with no idea what to do.  Any ideas?

First thing I'm going to do, which is right now, is re-install driver(s).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tsquared56

tsquared56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:17 PM

edit - didn't work.

#3 tsquared56

tsquared56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:33 PM

In fact, I tried to uninstall-reinstall a second time and midway through the uninstall got a BSOD.

#4 tsquared56

tsquared56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

2nd attempt at uninstall-reinstall worked, though the same problem where the display is about at 85-90% of the monitor exists.  Is the GPU capable of going so much above 1920x1080 that 1920x1080 is too small?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

Your problem seems to be had by sufficient numbers that I see it as a driver issue.  See http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1927734/black-screen-installing-amd-drivers-radeon-290.html .

Max resolution supported by the card...cannot eclipse the max resolution supported by your monitor.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users