Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Walmart and Coupons.com issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WillyWally01

WillyWally01

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at www.walmart.com Port 80
The above message pops up when I try to activate shopping links at both Walmart and Coupons.com. This only occurs on my Toshiba laptop/wireless connection. No problem on PC or spouses laptop (also wireless ) Have done extensive virus scanning using laptop's McAfee, updated Chrome, and changed DSN numbers, but problem still arises. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance - Willy
cleardot.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jamal01

jamal01

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:36 PM

On the sites that you get that do you see SSL (little lock thing in the browser and site starts with https). If not then I am quite certain the below solution will work. If not, it cant hurt to check it out. Always do a search first =) 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552017/virus-blocking-access-to-targetcom-and-walmartcom/

Here is my reply:

Kristie,

I see that you have an incorrect IP address returned (158.85.130.12). I was tracking down a problem exactly like yours yesterday on a friend's computer. His network setting for DNS server had been hijacked and set to a server that was directing target.com and walmart.com to fake sites. This is an extremely dangerous situation, because they can further develop these fake sites to capture your information. I believe some virus was installed that caused this. I was very suspicious of the numerous coupon printing applications that were installed. I would suggest uninstalling all applications you don't need and looking for suspicious applications in the list of uninstallable ones. If you don't get the application which hijacked your DNS setting uninstalled, it could just perform the same action.

Here is how you can correct the DNS server problem (in most cases): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-tcp-ip-settings#1TC=windows-7 . There may be specific DNS settings that your Internet provider or network configuration require.

Kevin

I went into my wireless adapter properties and found that the DNS for TCP/IPv4 was set to 75.126.206.18 and alternet was 184.173.169.186.  I deleted those values and set it back to obtain automatically and my problem is gone.  I wasn't really that worried about not being able to get to target or walmart, I was just affraid of whatever was causing it.  Much appreciation to everyone who helped me!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users