Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPhone ringtone

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nickautomatic

nickautomatic

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:41 PM

Is it possible to assign caller ringtone like saved in my music?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nickautomatic

nickautomatic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:43 PM

If possible, how?

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:32 PM

You need to make sure what music you want to use is listed as a ringtone.

Then if you're sure you have all the ringtones you want available.

1. Open your Contacts list.
2. Select the name of the contact to customize.
3. Touch the Edit button. Scroll down and select ringtone.
4. Choose the desired ringtone from the list. You will hear the ringtone.
5. Press the Save button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
6. Now when that contact calls you will hear the new ringtone.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 nickautomatic

nickautomatic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:56 PM

Thank you Animal. I believe, you are referring to the default ringtones.  What I want is one of my musics to be a ringtone.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

Did you read the first line in my previous post?

You need to make sure what music you want to use is listed as a ringtone.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:12 PM

You can assign custom ringtones on an iPhone, but it is more of a process to do than it is for an Android.

You are not able to choose a contact and then assign a song to that contact. A portion of the song has to be converted to a ringtone as a specific format, which is M4R file extension.

Here is another tutorial you can use to create the ringtone and then transfer it to your phone so it can used as a ringtone for a contact.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Ringtones-for-the-iPhone

There are also free apps you can install on your iPhone which will create a ringtone from music on your phone.
Go to the app store and search for ringtone makers. I had success with one of them when I had my iPhone. Can't recall the name of the one I used. If the music is already on your phone, an app will be easier to use. You will be able to choose what part of the song you want to us. There may be a learning curve when you first start to use an app but it won't take long to figure it out.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 15 November 2014 - 06:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users