Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome - uninstalling one version and re-installing another

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Beaker77

Beaker77

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:38 PM

A simple question for you, but it will help me enormously to know the answer.

My existing Chrome version is 40.0.2202.3 m, not sure how I got it, I was on version 38 a month ago and must have done something.

Version 38 is the current Chrome stable version and I would like to uninstall my 40 and install the 38.

Question - If I uninstall my Chrome 40 and then install Chrome 38,  how will all my personal data, settings, bookmarks, bookmark bar and layout, extensions, passwords, themes etc be restored in the new version 38 if they were uninstalled with the 40 ?

I cannot afford to lose all that data and customising to start from scratch.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beaker77

Beaker77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

Please discard this thread, I got no replies but have now got the answer in detail from another Forum.

I always  considered BC as a primary  and helpful Forum, obviously not.

Edited by Beaker77, 19 November 2014 - 06:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users