Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IANA "Internet Assigned Numbers Authority" ip in adapter's ipv4 address

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 watsonnn

watsonnn

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:37 PM

Hy ,i had a problem with my network adapter not getting the ipv4 ip address from my router every time i closed my computer with my network adapter disabled ,after opening my pc if i would re-enable my adapter i would find a IANA ip present in ipv4 instead of my routers address (i checked the address and it belonged to iana's official address blocks but i dont have it now ) .It didnt matter if it was the wifi adapter or lan ,the same thing was happening for both adapters.So the only way i could get my routers ipv4 address was if i had my adapter enabled before shutdown not disabled .I didnt have this problem with any of my other laptops or phones or etc connected to my network. I Hope i explained the issue i had clearly enough.

The problem disappeared completely after i restored my system from a backup i did a month or two ago ,and whats weird is that i think (but dont know for sure) that i had the problem at the time i did the backup too so i dont know how it got solved .

Anyway, i want to ask what could have made my adapter not get the correct ipv4 address and get a Iana ip address instead ? And what could have solved it? If someone has any ideas i appreciate it.

Edited by watsonnn, 14 November 2014 - 12:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:59 PM

You get the apipa ip address 169.254.x.x when you are configured to contact a dhcp server but you are unable to contact one.  This can be caused by bad drivers, hardware failure, firewalls and malware.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/APIPA.html

#3 watsonnn

watsonnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:27 PM

OK ,now the problem came back ,i got it again after 2/3 days when it seem it disappeared , i have to say i have some windows services and firewall services disabled  ,but i only disabled the ones that were unnecessary ,can that be the cause for it?How can i solved this?

Edited by watsonnn, 15 November 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#4 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:48 AM

what and how are you connected to the network?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users