Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's the best way to keep my PC running awesome?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KaydenWaveharp

KaydenWaveharp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

Besides obvious things like an antivirus and such. What's some of the best things I can do to keep my PC running at it's 'out of the box' state? My specs are attached for anyone interested ^_^

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:00 PM

:welcome: KaydenWaveharp to Bleeping Computer Community :)

Out of the box performance is not a state of comparison in between when programs and files started to populate and run on your system. The best thing to manage is the maintenance of system performance and hardware.

For the software part :

Keep your computer safe online by Grinler.

:step1: Emphasis on other things from the tutorial link : Windows sytem should always be up to date including your drivers if necessary or when notified and your installed programs.

:step2: Uninstall bloatwares and remove unwanted programs installed. This includes downloaded programs bundled with software packages and toolbars during installation processes.

Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools by quietman7

For the hardware part :

:step1: Maintain your system performance by checking your hardware temperature as related to dust and bunnies that the computer may collect overtime.

:step2: Do not overclock if not necessary or not part of your forte.

:step3: Always use a branded certified PSU.

:exclame: Things to check if computer is slow

Windows 7 and Vista have automatic defrag than runs in the background

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users