Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Stops Working After About 2-4 Hours?help!?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 seneye

seneye

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:10 PM

My other computer, if it is on for 2-4 hours the internet stops working. If I go on a website after my computer is on for 3-4 hours it will say it is not found for every website. After about 2 hours of my compuer being on my internet will start to go slower. But after I restart my computer my internet will be working fine. till about 2-4?

Does someone know why this happens and if I can stop it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:58 AM

What security programs are you running, antivirus, antispyware, firewall..? Do you have other computers on your LAN and do they stop working also? When it stops working contact your ISP and have them do a line test fo you. See if it is a wiring problem. When it stops working does the network activity icon in you task bar show activity? What about your task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)? If it does you may have malware infecting your system.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:35 AM

This sounds like an overheating problem to me. I would suggest going to the following site and getting Speedfan this will check temp in your computer.

SpeedFan is a freeware program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:46 AM

How are you connected - broadband or dialup?

Most dialups will kick you off if you are inactive for a certain amount of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users