Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copy/paste stopped working

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 waqnis

waqnis

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:12 PM

Win 7 Professional edition

A few days back the copy/paste function ceased to work. Instead of the complete image a narrow strip appears and 

cannot be adjusted in the format menu.  

Kindly assist.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

There is a list of possible fixes for your problem in link below.

How to Fix Copy and Paste Problems Associated with Microsoft Office - Microsoft Word - Apps General Discussion

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 waqnis

waqnis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

Thank you.  

Shall try the fixes.

#4 waqnis

waqnis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

Tried the fixes.  Didn't work.

However, in tinkering with the issue (retrying for the umpteenth time to paste an image in Word 2007)  I found instead of "Normal" - the first box on the tool bar, when I elected the second box "NoSpacing" the full image appeared!

If anyone has an explanation I shall be grateful.

Also, I used this web site this morning without sign in problem. When I tried to sign in again around 1 PM (pacific Coast) I was unable to sign in. My password not accepted.  Had to go through the steps for a new password. It is a great site and I appreciate the membership.  

Regards

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,496 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:44 PM

Go to the Add/ Remove list of programs and highlight the Microsoft Office(s) program(s) and see if one of the options

is to Repair. If so, allow the repair to run. Be sure to save anything you are presently working on before running the repair.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 waqnis

waqnis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

The Word 2007 is part of Office Suite, Enterprise edition.

Does not show need for repair.

The copy/paste function continuing to work with the "NoSpacing" option.

Again, thanks.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,496 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

Just to satisfy my curiosity....is this what you did?

On-demand detect and repair

To run the Detect and Repair feature in your 2007 Office programs, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation.

For 2007 Office programs that use menus
  1. Start the 2007 Office program.
  2. On the Help menu, click Office Diagnostics.
  3. Click Continue.
  4. Click Run Diagnostics.
  5. If a problem is identified, Office Diagnostics may offer to run the repair process.
For 2007 Office programs that use the Ribbon
  1. Start the 2007 Office program.
  2. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click program_name Options.
  3. In the program_name Options dialog box, click Resources, and then click Diagnose next to office diagnostics.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. Click Run Diagnostics.
  6. If a problem is identified, Office Diagnostics may offer to run the repair process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users