Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't find Windows Installer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 the beave

the beave

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:11 PM

I have a HP 6710b laptop running XP3-PRO and i keep having problems downloading major programs. It keeps telling me that Windows Installer can't be found or i'm in safe mode or the installer is not loaded correctly. I've done the registry path search and it's correct (msiexec.exe=C:\WINDOWS\System32). Also it can't find msiexec/regserver using the run command, however it asks if i want to add msiexec/regserver to the registry if i use the regedit command in front of it (msiexec/regserver) I declined to do this not knowing what was to be added to the registry. All i'm trying to do at the moment is download Adobe Air so i can view a vehicle owners manual on dvd. I've come across this issue in the past and ignored it, but now while i've got 6 days to and don't need any sleep for the next 20 hrs., i thought i'd tackle this problem. Any and all responses will be most appreciated !

the beave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users