Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to get rid of V9 and Astromedia

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gjhunt

gjhunt

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

I have been unable to get rid of V9 and Astromedia.  I have ran RKill then Rough Killer then Junkware Removal Tool and Adware Cleaner. After running all 4 consecutively and restarting the computer both the V9 and Astromedia still come up. In the report from Adware Cleaner it states both have been deleted. I even tried to run all 4 consecutively and I repeated Adware Cleaner 4 times, after the 4th time and restarting neither V9 or Astromedia came up but today I refreshed the computer after it needed to be restarted for some reason and there were the V9 and Astromedia again.  I would appreciate any help on this.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 13 November 2014 - 02:10 PM.
Moved from XP to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

Please note where are you finding the v9 and Astromedia. As where they are found also helps in ways of removal as well. 

• Are they on your homepage? 
  • Do you see it in Program Files and/or Program Files x86?
  • Do you see it in your Programs and Features?
  • And anywhere else you find it .

These are just a few ideas, of course each computer is different and where you do find it please note. 

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,020 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:41 PM

1.  Open Programs and Features in the control panel and uninstall Astromeda.

2. Remove Astromeda from your browser/s.

Remove from Internet Explorer

Press Alt+T and click Internet Options.
Open the General tab.
Change the home page and click OK.
Press Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
Click Toolbars and Extensions and remove unwanted extension.
Click Search Providers and set a new default search engine.

Remove from Google Chrome

Press Alt+F and point to Tools.
Click Extensions.
Remove unwanted extensions.
Click Settings.
Under On startup, select the last option and click Set pages.
Set a new startup page.
Under Search, click Manage search engines and click enter the URL of your new default search provider. Click Ok.

Remove from Mozilla Firefox

Press Alt+T and click Options.
Open the General tab and change the home page.
Click OK.
Press Ctrl+Shift+A and click Extensions.
Remove unwanted extensions.
Close the tab.
Click the search engine icon next to the search box and select a new search provider.

3.  Please run AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner and install it.

When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Click on Scan to start the scan.

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK.  The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.

When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.

4.  Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After clicking on the link the download will start automatically.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

mbam1_zps95cc812c.png

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

mbam2_zps85f38f0c.png

4)  The scan will automatically run now.

malwarerun_zps9abd4ef1.png

5)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions

mbam4_zps23e52ad4.png

6)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes

mbam4_zps490948cc.png

7)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 gjhunt

gjhunt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

Neither V9 or Astromedia were in my programs, it comes up on homepage.  I did go into Chrome and make a new page as you have suggested and I will also run Adware and Malwarebytes, I will get back to you once I have done this.  Thank you

#5 gjhunt

gjhunt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

Malwarebytes report: Files: 2

PUP.Optional.InstalLCore, C:\Users\gungirl00\AppData\Local\Temp\is765589038\52614A36_stp.EXE, Quarantined, [163767d44834db5b2139ef3543c260a0], 
PUP.Optional.BPlug, C:\Users\gungirl00\AppData\Local\Temp\is765589038\6FAA2B34_stp.EXE, Quarantined, [98b565d6c6b6a690d797edd649b8ef11], 

#6 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

Try checking your browser's Target Path. To do so.....

Right Click on your Browser Icon

• Click Properties 

Under the Shortcut Tab

• Check the Target Area

It should read something like .... "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

If there is anything else , such as a URL, attached to the end or after the .exe ERASE IT !!  

Check all your Browsers and see if they are there. 

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,020 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:10 AM

The Specific target areas are listed below.

Internet Explorer “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”

Chrome “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” for Windows 32 bit OR “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” for Windows 64-bit

Firefox “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” for Windows 32-bit OR “C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” for Windows 64-bit

If there is a deviation, highlight and delete the deviation.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 gjhunt

gjhunt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

Chrome browser properties says "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"  

Firefox browser properties says "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

Internet browser properties says "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,020 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:48 AM

What led you to believe that you are infected with V9 and Astromedia?  I'm not seeing anything related to these.

#10 gjhunt

gjhunt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:18 AM

I didn't start having problems until these 2 showed up. Computer still sluggish but not as bad as it was

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,020 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

What led you to believe that you are infected with V9 and Astromedia?  I'm not seeing anything related to these.

Please answer my question.

#12 gjhunt

gjhunt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

My computer became very sluggish and had a lag time when viewing information, I noticed the V9 and Astromedia showed up at that time also. After removing V9 and Astromedia the sluggishness is better, still have a bit of lag time when playing games or switching from one tab to another.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users