Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet access denied

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnnyedee

johnnyedee

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

Was having problems with wireless router after windows update on this past Tuesday. Opt online ( cable company ) is baffled. They suggested I replace router. I did just that. I was able to access windows live mail, and yahoo mail, BUT was not able to connect to msn.com home page (check spelling, page not found, etc.) Spent past hour trying to resolve same  problem, only now cant open emails either. Ran several ping tests from opt online to modem to router. All good. From router to pc, no good.

Opt online reset modem and router remotely, again no internet access. For the heck  of it disconnected from  secure router, and connected to unsecure Wi-Fi. Lo and behold its up again! Opt online feels its either a router problem, or for some reason a security or software problem internal to PC.

I am pretty perplexed and rather stumped by this. Any help from this site would be more than grateful. As I stated I am using an unsecured Wi-Fi account to access emails, home page , and this site with out incidence.

Thanks for any and all help!

Johnny Dee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:40 PM

If you have connectivity with a wireless, unsecured connection...but none with secured...I'd have to say the finger points to your wired router or the setup employed for the secured connection.

Moved from Win 7 to Networking.

Louis

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:25 PM

Wipe out your connection security on the PC and router, do it all again. Also check the firewall on your PC.

Edited by CaveDweller2, 16 November 2014 - 06:27 PM.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users