Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This Source is Black Boxed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Saryanavat

Saryanavat

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:10 AM

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Mozilla%20Firefox/browser/extensions/%7B82AF8DCA-6DE9-405D-BD5E-43525BDAD38A%7D.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/loader/sandbox.js -> resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/jquery-2.1.0.min.js:26

The above frequently interrupts my inputting on gmail.  When I open the debugger I see "This source is black boxed: its breakpoints are disabled and stepping skips through it.

Can you please help me to understand and fix this problem.

Thanks.

Saryanavat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AptPupil

AptPupil

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:26 AM

Short version:

That is the ID number of the Skype add-in for Firefox. Disable the Skype extension and your problems will be solved.

Long version:

The "A script on this page may be busy" message means something has gone wrong with Skype for Firefox. It is running on every page, and something is causing the script to take a lot of time.

The "This source is black boxed" message means Microsoft has protected the Skype extension so it can't be debugged with Firefox's debugger.

Go into the extensions window and disable Skype.

Edited by AptPupil, 14 November 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#3 Saryanavat

Saryanavat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:34 AM

Thank you.  I have disabled the extension.  Does that mean that I can no longer use Skype?

#4 Saryanavat

Saryanavat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

OH MY Goodness.....I am soooooo happy I can type quickly on email and see what I am typing  heheheheh

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,500 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:40 PM

Firefox updated recently so it probably broke the add-in for Skype. The developer for that add-in would likely have to update it to resolve that issue.

Edited by technonymous, 14 November 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#6 AptPupil

AptPupil

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

Thank you.  I have disabled the extension.  Does that mean that I can no longer use Skype?

If you disable the extension in Firefox, it means you can't use the extension inside Firefox (click to call and that kind of thing); you have to use the standalone skype app.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users