Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't shut down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lostsoul65

lostsoul65

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:27 PM

I built an i5 computer with a 750 Watt Antec Power Supple and every other time I shut it down the monitor goes off and Windows shut down but the power supply, CPU fan, and Case fans are still going. It takes about a minute to shut off the monitor and OS but when I reboot and shut it off the 2nd time it takes about 5 seconds. It's the same when I image the OS. This first time my mouse freezes and the 2nd time is OK. I'm wondering why?

Edited by lostsoul65, 12 November 2014 - 10:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 busdriver72

busdriver72

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:43 PM

Try resetting your BIOS.  Unplug the PC, press the power button to further discharge any residual voltage, and remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard.  Take note of which side of the battery faces up.  After removing it completely, reinstall the battery and reboot.  See if this helps.

Edited by busdriver72, 14 November 2014 - 09:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users