Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Profile Service failure to log on question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 harkcomp

harkcomp

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

I have Windows 7 Professional on my computer.

On my sign-in page I have two users indicated on the screen. One user box is titled "Home" and the other user box is titled with my first name.

Even though I am the only user of my computer, for some reason I decided to create a separate user box under my own name.

This has been working fabulously until today when I went into the computer to check on emails. I entered my password in my user box and  clicked the arrow to proceed and the system did not take me into my desktop page. Instead a message popped up saying "THE USER PROFILE SERVICE FAILED THE LOGON. USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADED".

When I clicked on the "Reset Password wizard" button a message popped up that reads "To use- must have first created a password reset disc".

My problem is...I did not create a password reset disc, so I'm wondering if there is a way I can get around this so that I can access this user box which has all of my personal emails stored in it.  

I can access the alternate user box that is titled 'Home", but it has none of my emails stored  there.

Can anyone explain what this means, what caused this to happen and how I can fix it?

I hope I have explained my dilemma clear enough.

Thanks!

Harkcomp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Tailian

Tailian

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:20 PM

Don't worry, I am not good at this, I just searched from Internet, and found this guide on Yahoo, I am not sure if it help you. How to Fix the User Profile Service Failed the Logon error in Windows 8/7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users