Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All boot options are tried, no (uefi) Bios

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Godless

Godless

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:50 PM

Dear Bleepers,

this is our strange situation:

My friend has a samsung laptop Ativ Book 2 (np270e4e) with windows 8.

After few problems when updating to 8.1 (it deleted the o.s and gived only a bsod saying that there is not any os installed), she decided to buy and install windows 7 so she disabled the uefi, setted the legacy mode and the boot priority first to the usb hdd (we have a bootable iso).

Parphaps every time we restat doesn't boot from the disk but showed the windows 8 bsod. Naturally the f4 for restore gives anoter bsod for not founding any partitions!

We discovered that it's not possible to boot from the disk, so we made a bootable usb driver with the official iso.

After that we picked up the hard disk and delete all partition from another pc and disabled all the boot driver but the usb hdd. After that it booted from the pen drive with official w7 iso.

The installation was completed in about 30 minutes. We started to install the drivers, chipset, intel storage but:

the next reboot it showed this message: all boot options are tried. press f4 key to recover with factory image using recovery or any other keys for next boot loop iteration and it was a continue loop and can't access the bios.

Strangely when the usb driver with the official w7 iso was inserted it said: "press any button for starting with usb driver"  and if we don't press anything windows started normally.

So we tried to install another time thinking it was a driver conflict but the second time we install it doesn't show the "press any button.." message but only the "all boot options are tried" in a loop.

We have tried to flush the bios with holding the power button without the battery and to plug out the cmos for 20 minutes circa but nothing changed. We can't access the uefi bios anymore with f2 (it simply restarts).

Can we do something or it's a really bad condition?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

Seems to be a common problem with Samsungs. See this thread and the post by François.  Can you access the boot menu by tapping F2 instead of holding it down? See if you can access the computer with Fatdog64. You will need to burn the iso file or use Rufus to create a bootable USB. If the USB does not boot then use GPT as a partition scheme in Rufus. 

According to here F2 is the boot menu for a Ativ Book 2, 8, 9 but F10 is the UEFI access key. Try tapping F10 at boot.

Edited by JohnC_21, 13 November 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#3 Godless

Godless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

Hi JohnC_21,

parphaps i've already tapped the f2 and f10 like a fool but nothing happens: reboot only.

I will try now the rufus, but i've already try with partitionmagic so the hope is little, i think.

Yeah that thread explains a lot of things.. so the only way is to change the motherboard right?

Thanks for now!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:42 PM

I would contact Samsung Support for your region. If the problem is a common one, they may have a solution.

#5 Godless

Godless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

Thanks, i will try on a these days. the fatdog parphaps doesn't work. thanks for your assistance JohnC_21

#6 Godless

Godless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:53 AM

Sorry if i'm being late.

Parphaps, "the only way to resolve this case is to change the motherboard", this is what a local Assistance said to my friend.

It's a little strange but true..

JohnC, thanks again for your support!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users