Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No FoxSports.com video

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CRBlair

CRBlair

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:58 PM

I use Firefox on a Lenovo G700 Laptop running Windows 8.1. For the last six or seven months (and maybe longer), I've had a problem involving Foxsports.com--I can't watch video on the site. Specifically, when I try to view video on the site, all I get is a black placeholder where the video should be. There are two screwy aspects to this problem: I have this problem in multiple browsers (Firefox, Chrome and IE11), and Foxsports.com is the only site that's giving me problems. I have corresponded at length with Microsoft about this, and I've followed all their suggestions (even refreshing my machine), but I still have the problem. Has anyone else run across this, and if so, how did you fix it? (Even an elementary settin change is worth telling me about. BTW, I have sent several emails to the site but have heard nothing back.

Roger Blair

crogerblair@hotmail.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:02 AM

Try these tips ... http://www.foxsoccer2go.com/problemsWatchingVideos .

(I know it's for soccer videos, but the same principles should apply)

#3 CRBlair

CRBlair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

ElfBane, thanks for the tip. I tried right-clicking on the player, but I didn't get the pop-up box described in the hints. I remembered I had installed NoScript, so I started allowing feeds. I finally got the video to play (although I had this problem before NoScript--go figure!), so I think the problem is solved (at last!)

Many thanks.

Roger Blair

crogerblair@hotmail.com

#4 CRBlair

CRBlair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:09 PM

BTW, I found that the site videos also run in Chrome and IE!!--how that happened I'll never know!

Roger Blair

crogerblair@hotmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users