Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome Issues including typing lag and checkerboarding

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 funktastic

funktastic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

Around 5 months ago, I purchased a new laptop (lenovo yoga 2 pro). The laptop has been great overall minus some scaling issues. It's snappy and everything. However, in the past 3 months I've experienced some serious slowness with the Chrome browser

1. Often times when i type into the address bar, the characters come out slow and laggy

2. Opening new tabs can lag as well

3. When i scroll down pages I often see the checkboarding effect. I imagine this is a placeholder while Chrome loads the rest of the content, but my internet speed is fast enough that it shouldn't be doing this.

4. Youtube works fine, but any other video site (apple trailers for example) lags as well. When videos play the actual video is sort of in slow motion while the audio plays at the normal rate.

5. Google maps is the slowest I've ever seen it. It takes forever to zoom in or do anything. 

I've run virus and malware scans (spybot,  malwarebytes, SAS) but nothings coming up. I've also noticed similiar issues in Firefox as well. 

I've also reinstalled Chrome a few times, but to no effect. This is kind of frustrating and I don't want to reimage my computer yet. 

Any suggestions?

Edited by funktastic, 12 November 2014 - 02:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 funktastic

funktastic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:00 AM

Apologies but I hope you don't mind me bumping this topic. 

#3 RobinWolff

RobinWolff

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:58 PM

Hi Funktastic

I have the Yoga 3 with the same Chrome problems and checkerboarding.  

Did you ever find a fix for this?  Or a fix with sizing of screens and formats?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users