Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

having to constantly clear DNS cache resolver

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 drooh

drooh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

So this has been happening for months where web pages wont load in chrome or firefox, not sure about IE. I have to clear my dns cache resolver by typing ipconfig /flushdns

It happens so frequently that I have created a batch script on my desktop to perform this task.

I had a wifi connection for this computer and recently changed to a hard wired connection. The issue happened on both adapters. 

I just noticed this morning that in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center

Under my active networks it shows the name of my home network as "Texas turbo" which is a name I gave to my router about 2 years ago. I changed it to "the Cabin" maybe 6 months ago.

Why is win 7 sharing center displaying the old name, and why am I having to regularly clear my DNS? I don't seem to have issues with my mac book, ipad or iphone. My mac book has bootcamp with win 7 and it doesn't seem to have any issues.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 16 November 2014 - 11:08 AM.
.Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users