Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avast blocking a "Mal" URL and firefox.exe?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Claytronic

Claytronic

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:33 AM

This has only been happening today and I'm not sure why.
Sometimes when I search something or go to a page, Avast will beep and give me this message:
mal.png

I haven't downloaded anything new, haven't gone to any weird websites, nothing.
I scanned with MalwareBytes and it came up clean, so I don't know what's going on with it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:26 PM

It seems Avast is blocking a particular website. See this thread on their forum.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=160071.0
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:16 PM

I agree with Budapest, it appears that your Avast Anti Virus is blocking the URL due to it not being secure. Depending on when this pop up occurs it could be nothing but a single block, but if it continues to appear over and over again even when you are not doing anything then I would consider running a system scan to see if there are any bigger underlying issues with your computer. 

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

#4 Claytronic

Claytronic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

Very interesting, thanks guys! That makes a lot of sense, because I would get this warning whenever I clicked a new tab.

I get no errors when not clicking new tabs or anything (i.e. I don't get Avast warnings when off the internet or doing nothing online)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users