Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing W7 On Second Drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blckninja

blckninja

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:13 AM

Currently I have my OS on my primary HD but want to transfer it over to my SD, but i'm worried about losing files and whatnot (i'm not very experienced with software, i'm a hardware man).  How can I go about installing W7 onto my SD and deleting the partition on my HD without corrupting/messing up files on my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fluttershy

Fluttershy

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:11 AM

Create a system image, I guess. It backs up everything to a hard drive, and you can use it to restore everything to the SSD.

(Posted by mobile, so post quality is usually lower)

Qh0JjLo.jpg

Fluttershy is best pony.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

Macrium Reflect is a good program for cloning the hdd, you can find a tutorial here.

G-Parted is a good program to resize a partition, you can find a tutorial here

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users