Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer keeps crashing after 'chkdsk' +other symptoms

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kip123

kip123

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

Hi,

My PC is a ASUS desktop MC1740 with processor AMD A8-3820 APU, OS is Windows 7.

Background:  Zonealarm tune-up utility found a multiple of broken links, etc. both in file system & registry. Used utility to repair. Around the same time (before repair, I think) I noticed that PC is slowing down/slow response. Checked Event View and found a number of failures inc. "bad block on Harddisk1/DR1" . Ran a CHKDSK command on C:/ D: & external hard drives.  D drive came back o.k. (but following the chkdsk this drive was completely empty).  On C: it found 73 parsed records (?). 

Windows keeps crashing / Ext Hard drive now connecting and disconnecting continuously with the error message s.th. like "this files has not program associated with it".  Checked MS tech support and downloaded the drive.winfix7 file w/o success, then downloaded the folder.winfix7 file also no success.

I now have to restart PC every 20 min and am unable to work with exterior HD because it keeps disconnecting. <_<

I am attaching a selected events log (just an overview) HELP.  Thank you.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:53 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#3 kip123

kip123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I had to take the unit in as it was no longer functionable.

Will contact again, should there be any further issues.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:04 PM

:thumbup2: , an acceptable option.  If there's anything we can try to help with in the future, let us know.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users