Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system not turning on

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 fuchs

fuchs

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:12 PM

Hello

my 1 year system not turning on today

i can see light,i can hear fan spinning like for 4,5 second and it turn off

after that ,like 5 second it turn on itself again,turn off,and repeat

i need help

what should i do

-Intel Core i3-3220 processor

-Gigabyte B75m-D3V motherboard
-Kingston 4 GB DDR3 ram
-Western Digital 500GB Hard Disk Drive
-Sapphire HD 7770 GHz Edition OC 1GB GDDR5 VAPOR-X graphic card
-Trendsonic Casing with standard PSU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wishmakingfairy

wishmakingfairy

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:37 PM

You can try...

1. Try plugging the computer into another outlet, preferrably the wallsocket over a power strip

2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the computer and hold the power button down for 20 or so seconds to powercycle the machine

3. Try removing your ram, trying one stick at a time.

4. Verify all cables are connected, especially the 4-8 pin connector near the processor and the 20-24 pin on the right side of the board.

You could test the power supply with a paperclip:

1. Unplug the cable from the back of the power supply

2. Take a paperclip, sticking one end  in the hole where the only green wire leads, and the other into a black wire hole

3. Plug in the power cable to the power supply and it should stay on

However, this is only a simple test for a power supply and won't give you voltage readings

Edited by wishmakingfairy, 11 November 2014 - 06:46 PM.

Using ubuntu and sharing how to as well as collecting how to scripts for common programs. Feel free to ask or share ^-^

#3 fuchs

fuchs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

You can try...

1. Try plugging the computer into another outlet, preferrably the wallsocket over a power strip

2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the computer and hold the power button down for 20 or so seconds to powercycle the machine

3. Try removing your ram, trying one stick at a time.

4. Verify all cables are connected, especially the 4-8 pin connector near the processor and the 20-24 pin on the right side of the board.

1.Not working
2.Hold it when my pc off (with no power cable)?
3.Only have 1 ram 
4.All cable connect

Help :(

#4 wishmakingfairy

wishmakingfairy

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:52 PM

Please check your capacitors on your motherboard and make sure none are puffed up like this image: http://www.droppedlaptop.com/v/vspfiles/photos/mbcapreplace-2.jpg

Also, do you have a dedicated graphics card in the pcie-x16 slot? ( If you don't have a dedicated graphics card, skip this step)

If so, does your motherboard have its own vga or dvi port? 

Plug your cable into the motherboard's video port and remove the graphics card then try to boot the machine.

Edited by wishmakingfairy, 11 November 2014 - 06:52 PM.

Using ubuntu and sharing how to as well as collecting how to scripts for common programs. Feel free to ask or share ^-^

#5 fuchs

fuchs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:03 PM

Please check your capacitors on your motherboard and make sure none are puffed up like this image: http://www.droppedlaptop.com/v/vspfiles/photos/mbcapreplace-2.jpg

Also, do you have a dedicated graphics card in the pcie-x16 slot? ( If you don't have a dedicated graphics card, skip this step)

Plug your cable into the motherboard's video port and remove the graphics card then try to boot the machine.

thanks for helping me

capacitor look fine

I have graphic card,i use this mobo,Gigabyte B75m-D3V motherboard 

326iQso.jpg

hAJLSuu.jpg

#6 fuchs

fuchs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:07 PM

http://www.gigabyte.my/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4151#ov

my mobo

#7 wishmakingfairy

wishmakingfairy

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:08 PM

By any chance, do you have the ability to borrow an equally sufficient power supply to test in your machine?

Also, does your machine have a little speaker that beeps? If so, do you have any audible beeps?

#8 fuchs

fuchs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

By any chance, do you have the ability to borrow an equally sufficient power supply to test in your machine?

Also, does your machine have a little speaker that beeps? If so, do you have any audible beeps?

i just check,no beep,no sound,only sound from fan

and i notice only 1 fan spinning on my graphic card,is that normal?

sapphire_vapor_x_oc_edition_hd_7770_box.

#9 wishmakingfairy

wishmakingfairy

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:20 PM

You did pull out your graphics card and try booting the machine, correct?

Also, while it might not mean too much, thats still not good if the graphics card has 1 less fan. ( If its still under any warranty, i'd look into replacing to be safe )

#10 fuchs

fuchs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:23 PM

You did pull out your graphics card and try booting the machine, correct?

Also, while it might not mean too much, thats still not good if the graphics card has 1 less fan. ( If its still under any warranty, i'd look into replacing to be safe )

Also, do you have a dedicated graphics card in the pcie-x16 slot? ( If you don't have a dedicated graphics card, skip this step)

not yet,

can guide me more

so i just pull out graphic card and turn it on again?

#11 wishmakingfairy

wishmakingfairy

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:57 PM

Yes, please pull out the graphics card, and plug the video cable vga or dvi into the onboard graphics ports near the usb ports, then try turning on the machine and see if anything else happens.

If nothing happens, Im going to ask if someone else could please offer other solutions

If no one responds, you might want to call the motherboard manufacturer and talk with them for troubleshooting it, seeing if you need a new board or other part.

Here is the Gigabyte Customer Support Number According To Their Site

Motherboard:
GIGABYTE USA Branch
Address: 17358 Railroad Street City of Industry, CA 91748
TEL: 1-626-8549338 Option 4

Edited by wishmakingfairy, 11 November 2014 - 08:00 PM.

#12 fuchs

fuchs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:20 PM

Yes, please pull out the graphics card, and plug the video cable vga or dvi into the onboard graphics ports near the usb ports, then try turning on the machine and see if anything else happens.

If nothing happens, Im going to ask if someone else could please offer other solutions

If no one responds, you might want to call the motherboard manufacturer and talk with them for troubleshooting it, seeing if you need a new board or other part.

Here is the Gigabyte Customer Support Number According To Their Site

Motherboard:
GIGABYTE USA Branch
Address: 17358 Railroad Street City of Industry, CA 91748
TEL: 1-626-8549338 Option 4

done with graphic card but i stuck at " plug the video cable vga or dvi into the onboard graphics ports near the usb ports,"

cant find any slot to put back that yellow black cable

#13 fuchs

fuchs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:28 PM

but ive tried this

i try to turn it on without graphic card,(that yellow black cable from graphic card unattached) 

no luck,same thing happen,it turn for like 5 second ,and turn off again,and repeat

#14 wishmakingfairy

wishmakingfairy

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

I honestly don't really have much more to offer in terms of suggestions other than, trying a different power supply when you get the chance, giving gigabyte a call, or waiting until someone else makes suggestions.

Sorry :(

Edited by wishmakingfairy, 11 November 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#15 fuchs

fuchs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

That cable you see in the picture beside the graphics card is an adapter incase you don't already have that on your power supply.

yeah that cable

so i just try what u suggest,same thing happen

but i dint plug dvi cable to monitor ,i only have hdmi cable with me,i guess it doesnt matter if we plug it or not righ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users