Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Platypus...caught on film in Tasmania...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,783 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-11/filmmaker-captures-rare-footage-of-the-elusive-platypus/5880806

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:31 PM

Patience has rewarded a Tasmanian filmmaker with some extraordinary footage of the notoriously shy platypus.

Many readers from around the world may not understand what this film means.

To see one of these animals outside in the wild, is like finding magic walking around ...........

The world would not believe that these creatures existed even 150 years ago, and they are still very rare.

The first few found were just killed and kept as trophies by a few rich people, rather than helping to preserve them.

Thanks to Condobloke for the footage.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,964 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:58 AM

I'm still waiting for my appearance fee... :wink:

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,783 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:02 AM

:hysterical:

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:33 PM

Platypus is going to be out of luck - it was a pirated vid !

Seriously, amazing bit of film. I've heard of them and I have seen the odd photo but that is the first time I have seen one moving. I didn't even know they were acquatic, but then we don't have many in Scotland. My first reaction when the clip started was that the fur looked very similar to that of an otter, and then it goes for a bottom feeding swim.

You can learn a lot on BC !

Chris Cosgrove

#6 Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

I am wracked with such hearty guffaws that in addition to rolling to and fro on the floor, my posterior has seperated itself from my body.

Edited by PhoenixRisen, 12 November 2014 - 07:54 PM.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,783 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

And for those who just want an interesting read....(and also to help blot out the crap some richard cranium left above ..)...

http://australianmuseum.net.au/Platypus/

#8 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,684 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:08 AM

There is one in a creek not too far from my place, I have been trying to get a photo of it for a few months now. Its good to see them returning.

http://www.visitnimbin.com.au/see-do/scenic-drives/rocky-creek-dam-minyon-falls/p/341

I'm still waiting for my appearance fee... :wink:

Cheque is in the mail.

Edited by NickAu1, 17 November 2014 - 01:12 AM.

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,783 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:48 AM

If you want to get a pic....climb a tree just before dusk....make sure you can get down again without risking life and limb (your...not the tree's )....and be prepared to wait.

A spot where trees overhang a creek is good

....oh...did i mention.....shhhh !!  :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users