Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System crash!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chokaz

chokaz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

Greetings!

I've problem with my new pc build. Just bought new motherboard, memory, cpu. Everything installed in case. Fresh windows 7 on formatted SSD drive. Things were sooth until i've installed gfx drivers. After that system would reboot after windows logo, sometimes a little bit further when loading Catalyst Control Center. Since then i've tried following:

-reinstalling drivers
-installing old drivers
-reinstalling windows
-manually setting ddr clock
-trying with different HDD
-Mem ok! say all is good
-tdr delay fix

-bios 2501 x64 from september 2014

Found that pc would reboot when installing new windows, after loading files (before graphical menu)
Can boot system in safe mode.
GFX card , drives, psu working just fine with my old MB
Temperatures are fine.
Could it be, my Power Supply is  is no enough?

Hardware
MB     - Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0
CPU    - AMD FX 6300
MEMORY - GEIL Black Dragon 2x DC 4GB 1866MHz
GFX    - ASUS Radeon HD 7750
HDD    - Samsung SSD 840 EVO
Power  - be quiet! Dark Power 550W Pro

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Citizen_WD

Citizen_WD

Authorized Western Digital Rep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:25 AM

Hello,

The first thing I'd recommend to you is to try and
remove the video card driver and make sure that all of the old video drivers are uninstalled as well. Then download the newest drivers onto a USB stick or external drive. After that use the USB stick or drive to install them (in Safe Mode). If you succeed - try booting in normal mode and hopefully the PC will run OK.
The power of your PSU seems to be enough for your specifications, and in your case I'd say that it's unlikely to be the source of your problem.
Also - have you tried turning off “Automatically restart” ? This is located in Control Panel → System and Security → System ; Advanced system settings on the left of the window → Advanced tab → Startup and Recovery.

I hope that this was helpful, Citizen_WD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users