Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I view PDF files and plug USB drives into my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Punchy71

Punchy71

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

Greetings,

I just recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 running the Android OS. I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could answer for me.

1) Is there a way to download, view and save PDF files from the internet onto this device and if so how?

2) Is there a way to plug either a USB flash drive or an external USB 3.0 hard drive into this device so I can drag and drop files to and from my Tablet PC to the storage drive and back again and if so how?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 WheresMySledgehammer

WheresMySledgehammer

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:52 PM

Hi, I am a noob to tablets but might be able to answer one of your questions. I just purchased a Galaxy Tab S 8.4" at Best Buy this morning. Early Christmas present for me, LOL. :santa: The lady who helped me said the Tab Pro (which I looked at also) and the Tab S are pretty much alike; the Tab S is just the Tab Pro with the new bells and whistles. I went with the Tab S because of the Super AMOLED display as I'm an artistic type who can't resist the lure of what the AMOLED is supposed to be capable of. :smilers:

Okay, so. Regarding the USB and flash drive - there is an adapter you can buy for about $20 that will let you plug flash drives and the larger SD card adapter or card in. I'm going to get one soon - would've gotten it today but I didn't get the credit approval so I had to put some of the accessories back and just buy the tablet.  :blush: I'll get the adapter soon. See here for info about the adapter:  http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_pro_8_4-review-1042p10.php

I don't know about PDF yet but if I find out anything I'll be sure and report back! :thumbsup2: Good luck with your new tablet and wish me luck with mine, okay?

#3 KaoticEvil

KaoticEvil

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

Downloading PDF's shouldn't be a problem at all. I have quite a few of them on my Motorola Xoom tablet.

As for the external hard drive... I doubt if it would work well at all, unless you have an external power supply for it. I do know for a fact that flash drives work just fine on my tablet and my S4. I've also plugged in keyboards and mice. All worked flawlessly.. But they also require a lot less power than a hard drive.

This is the adapter that I use almost daily: http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Adapter-compatible-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B00871Q5PI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1418097062&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+micro+usb+adapter

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

For external storage make sure your device has the capability to read and write. Not all do. On my Android phone I started using the first generation of the meenova micro sd reader. For my tablet I went with the second generation and a 128GB micro sd card.

More Info: http://www.meenova.com/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users