Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Going to give eScan total security with cloud a try.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JSTJ704

JSTJ704

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:10 AM

I try Kaspersky pure 3.0 which I post in my last post with pure 3.0 with firefox there alot of features you can not use . Kaspersky is good but I would go with just the internet security not the pure 3.0.I tried bitdefender which was good but I felt l lacked user controls it was more plug and play.I did just try Eset but the firewall the settings / automatic./policy mode /interavtice mode I keep playing with the settings and I keep trying sheilds UP all port open? ODD I got an firewall error on restart. So had to go into safe mode use the uninstaller  then reboot and reinstall and try and tryed all firewall setting this morning even whatched some you tube vids still SHIELDS UP all ports open??? I removed it. I my morning  researching on Av-test   it was more uptodate then others and some other too but av test most  eScan was rated 2014 ADVACED+ in file dection march/sept/Heuristis-behavioral Advance +/peromace standerd(runing full scan in custom high prioity right now can't tellmy pc Win 7 home Prem 4GRAM 500gb hard D.Real world protection was standerd. One thing Iike about escan all features work with firefox and and chrome.Virus Bulletin rated eScan 91.4% Suspicious 0/Extended WildList % 0/ False positives 0.

Anyone else use eScan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:18 AM

I am familiar with MicroWorld eScan Anti-virus Toolkit (MWAV) which has been around for years but do not know anyone who has used their Anti-Virus or Internet Security Suite for primary protection.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 JSTJ704

JSTJ704
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

I used  EICAR.COM to test it blocked each link real fast realand each download link. I use firefox and before I could click my down arrow it turned light up and before I could click to even open the file it was allready deteced and placed in qurintine  and and it was doing a scan a of my pc all in the matter of seconds. I would say with trying out different suits etc but yes I did add 2 g of ram few weeks back but I would have to say that was the fastest download dectection then moved in qurintine then start A scan pc in seconds I have ever seen. It allso installed windows hotfixes and fixed errors.

Edited by JSTJ704, 12 November 2014 - 10:13 AM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:04 PM

Sorry but I am not sure what you are trying to say.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users